The Lansitec Container Tracker is a device designed to track the location of sea containers, factory containers, and assets during transport. It utilizes a combination of GNSS, BLE, LoRaWAN® technology, and sensors to provide real-time location data and condition monitoring of shipping containers.
Location tracking at sea is a challenge on its own because it is a harsh environment for the propagation of radio waves as well as limited infrastructure, maritime regulations, and many more. Furthermore, containers have to be tracked continually when they exit and enter the ports and at the ports themselves. This requires the a forementioned combination of tracking technologies in order to satisfy the vastly different technical requirements for the two scenarios (open vs closed environment tracking).Lansitec offers two Bluetooth beacon solutions that integrate their products into a comprehensive system for asset tracking. Both scenarios are an innovative integration of trackers and Bluetooth beacons and are supported by the Lansitec Container Tracker:
- With the B-Fixed (Beacon Fixed) solution, beacons are deployed at fixed positions and the tracker receives messages from these beacons and forwards them via a LoRaWAN® gateway to the cloud for computations and mapping. This option is ideal for positiong the tracker (or the container) indoor and outdoor. In addition it is a more cost-efficient one and easy to manage as beacons are cheaper and easier to install and maintain.
- B-Mobile (Beacon Mobile) solution optimizes power efficiency, deployment flexibility, and performance. In this scenario, asset management is achieved by attaching Bluetooth beacons to the asset (e.g. cargo cart, box or a container) and deploying the container traker at multiple fixed positions (e.g. check-point, on a pillar, wall, or inside a specific room). The tracker receives and forward beacons’ messages to the cloud via a LoRaWAN® gateway for processing and computing of the location. You may want to consider this option because beacons are cheap and small for small assets.
Indu>Industrial Container Tracker Key Operating Modes:iv>
A combination of robust hardware and reliable firmware, this tracking device brings you a piece of mind when it comes to knowing your assets’ location.
Have the relevant data you need, exactly when you need it with the container tracker’s several key operating modes:
- Periodic reporting: Sends GPS coordinates or Bluetotooth positioning informaiton at fixed time intervals, like every minutes, hours or days. Provides regular location updates. A good choice for cargo that is constantly on the move.
- Movement-based reporting: Tracker intelligently sends updates only when the container is moved based on accelerometer data. Saves power when idle. Most suitable for sea freights as the cargo does not move relative to the ship most of the time.
- Alarm reporting: Immediately transmits an alert on certain events like mishandling detected via accelerometer, unauthorized removing of the container, etc. Valuable for risk assets, protects against theft.
- On-demand reporting: Location updates can be requested remotely by sending a command to the tracker via the cellular network.
The tracker also saves the coordinates when it is offline (for example on the sea where this is no internet connection) and report them when it is back online.
In summary, the Lansitec Container Tracker provides powerful capabilities to monitor status and precisely track the locations of containers in real-time across countries and continents. This helps improve supply chain visibility, prevent cargo theft, detect mishandling, and ensure optimal container conditions. The long battery life and ruggedized enclosure allow reliable operation for international multi-modal transport.